Crack Stitching is a method of repairing and stabilising cracked masonry using HeliBars (6mm diameter) bonded into cut slots with HeliBond cementitious grout.
Masonry may move and crack as a result of movement in foundation soils, seismic activity and cyclical wet and dry, hot and cold environmental conditions. Crack stitching reintroduces structural integrity and redistributes structural loads for a quick, simple, effective and permanent solution.
HeliBar bonded into appropriate bed joints or cut slots with HeliBond grout is the solution to the problem of stabilising cracked masonry.
- Quick, simple, effective and permanent
- More effective in brick/block masonry than simple crack injection
- Suitable for all types of masonry including listed and historic structures and those with lime mortar
- Fully concealed, non-disruptive repair system
- Stainless steel HeliBars and non-shrink
- HeliBond grout combine to create excellent tensile strength within the masonry
- Tensile loads are redistributed along the masonry
- Masonry remains flexible enough to accommodate natural building movement